ADMISSION AND RE-REGISTRATION
It is the policy of A’Takamul International School that the agreed target groups of students are registered in an efficient and effective manner. Student recruitment is essential for school progress and success. All staff have a part to play in recruitment, although some will be more active than others. It is important to have a clearly defined admission policy, structured so that every staff member knows his/her individual role.
- To ensure that each member of staff attempts to provide quality service to the students and families of all students.
- To attain and maintain the set target for student registration.
- To increase the registration and thereby the funds coming into the school.
- To ensure all details related to admission, placement and potential student success are accounted for.
Welcome to ATIS Admissions Office
Telephone Number: 25522204 ext. 120
Fax Number: 25523248
Telephone Number: 25522204 ext.113
Office Hours and Location
We are closed on public holidays.
Our weekend is Friday and Saturday.
Drop-in visiting hours for the Admissions Office is from 7:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Sunday through Thursday.
The Accounts office is open 7:30 a.m. to 3:2:40 p.m., Sunday through Thursday.
The offices are located in the administrative building; visitors can enter from the reception area.
2014 - 2015 school year
Currently, all seats are filled.
New applicants will be placed on waiting lists, which are of varying length depending on grade level. Chances of enrollment differ for each grade, but overall spaces will be limited.
New enrollment and reenrollment will begin January
Applications will not be registered until all documents (excluding the recommendation forms) have been submitted.
We prefer to receive applications in hard copy directly to our office
- Registration Personnel will review the prospective student's application, transcripts and report cards for the past three years from previous school to determine if the student is eligible for the school's placement.
- The Principal will review the applicant's file and approve eligibility for testing
- Students applying for Grades 1 through 12 will be tested by the he school counselor.
- KG1 and KG2 students are tested by KG staff.
- Prospective students must successfully pass the entrance exam (70% pass grade) and achieve grade level scores to be considered for placement.
- Prospective High School Student;
- Applying for grades 10 and higher will be admitted on a credit transfer basis, and it will not be included in their four year GPA (Grade Point Average) calculation. They will only receive a total GPA for the years actually completed at ATIS
- Students that transfer in to grade 10 and have passed a grade 9 General Science or other Science course, do not need to take our Earth Science course
- It is the responsibility of parents to inform the registrar if they are aware of any special educational needs and difficulties that the student may have at the time of submission of the application.
- Students suspected of requiring special educational needs that cannot be provided by the school may be asked to provide assessment information from independent professional evaluation centers prior to making a decision for eligibility for admission and placement testing
- All Students joining ATIS must bring a Code of Conduct form completed by the previous school before final decision for admission is made.
- Based upon test results, the school reserves the right to offer various options such as acceptance, denial of admission or acceptance to a lower level