All teachers must recognize that student recruitment is the lifeblood of the school. They should make a special effort to welcome new parents and students. Proper documentation and placement will help to ensure student success.
- No later than Wednesday of the first week in February, the KG Principal, Elementary Principal, and MS/HS School Principal will provide to the School Registrar a list of all students who, for various reasons should not be registered for next school year. The school Director should then approve this list.
- No later than Wednesday of the first week in February, the KG Principal, Elementary Principal, and MS/HS School Principal should provide the School Registrar with a list of possible interview test dates for new admissions.
- Principals should make arrangements for someone to cover the interview in case of the counselor being absent.
- Parents interested in A’Takamul International School should receive a well-produced and annually updated (no later than first week in February) School Prospectus that contain important information such as the mission of the school, school day and calendar, fees & payment schedule etc.
- The Registrar will do the initial interview with the parents and student(s).
- The Registrar will request the following basic requirements for entry :
a) Official transcript or report cards for last 3 years including the most recent one.
b) Guide the parents to the accountant to pay 10 KD ( Non-Refundable ) Testing fees.
- At the time of the interview; the counselor /KG Teacher should collect the interview form from the Registrar.
- During and at the end of the interview teachers/counselors should complete the interview form and return it to their department Principal promptly.
- The Elementary Principal & MS/HS School Principal should ensure that the interview form is:
b) Signed by Principals,
c) Returned to the School Registrar no later than the end of the workday of the interview.
- For students entering Grade 9 –12, the MS/HS School Principal should also determine the number of transferable credits a new student has and in what Grade level at ATIS the student should be placed. The MS/HS Principal should also report the GPA and number of transferable credits to the Registrar using the interview form.
- When parents are given an interview appointment, the Registrar will inform them of all required documents they need to bring to the interview.
- On the interview day, the Registrar will examine all documents and refer them to the appropriate Principal for follow-up. Special attention should be paid to behavior problems.
- The process of registration, once started, should not be interrupted. It is important to give parents the impression that the Registrar is giving them 100% attention.
- The Registrar must complete all the sections of the registration form.
- The parents should check that the information is correct.
- Parents must sign the registration form.
- The deposit must be paid on the day of registration.
- Parents should be asked if they have any questions.
- Pre-registration and fee deposit will take place in February of each year for the next school year